Coupe won't start.

casper50

Maybe this sounds foolish but you and everyone responding is assuming it was flooded.  Have you at least checked to see if it was getting fuel and was indeed flooded?

9 hours ago, JD luxury liner said:

NEVER USE STARTING FLUID EVER !!!

I'll remember this as I am double fisting cans into a turbo large enough to suck in my head and wearing my "ETHER: ITS A SUMMER THING" t-shirt. lol

• Haha 1

A couple more ideas. Maybe a mouse chewed a wire, causing an electrical issue or a hose, causing a vacuum issue.

Not saying you have a rodent problem but sitting for 9 weeks it's possible one may have come along and tested out expanding it's territory for future endeavors.

12 hours ago, JD luxury liner said:

NEVER USE STARTING FLUID EVER !!!

I'd state that differently:  Never use starting fluid in an engine with glow plugs or intake heater, Danger Will Robinson!! 

Otherwise, let your engine drink responsibly.  Small shots, crank till it clears before repeating.  I hear warnings like this all the time, but it really hasn't proven to be an issue with me.  However, I've only used for 60+ years, since I was 16-17, so tomorrow might be the day!!

But it bears repeating:  NEVER with electric heat in the engine.  I have seen small diesels with severe damage from that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Coupe is up and running again.  Just let it sit for 5 days.  Wanted to start a few times and then started right up.  Drove her around for a bit.  Shut it off and started right back up.  Happy owner again.  Now to wash 6 months of dust off of her.  Need to get a good car cover.

• Like 1