wiring diagram

Cannuck

yes....that is the standard wiring for the 900..now for the next question, you DID change your lamp sockets to dual element bulbs...RIGHT...and that you have the correct filament of the dual element bulb wired to the correct circuit and you have not crossed the brake with the marker circuits...keep in mind that the rear of the car the brake and turn is the same element...and that the switch directs the brake signal through the flasher for the appropriately selected left or right indicator.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

as this is the second thread same issue and you original statements not viewable here these two threads need be combine...…

do the marker lights work when park light selected?

when the brake is depressed, no left or right select  (key on) do the rear lights light up...

if they light and the left is selected, does the right brake light stay on

if they light and the right is selected, does the left brake light stay on

DID the pilot on your old 400 series light the turn indicator

flasher is easily tested with power in on x...bulb on L and bulb is grounded.....P will have power when the bulb heats the inner bi-metal and it changes states...when cool it will revert back to load contact...

Ok yes the park lights still work .

Your second point i can't do because when i hook up power both signal lights come on I can turn them off by turning the right or left indicator arm .

If I turn right the right goes out and the same for the other  side 

When the brake is depressed the centre light works but once  again have no idea if the others are working 

Now I had my wife press on the brake and put the right signal light on now the light is flashing ,We did the same with the left and had the same result . 

I have realy messed it up 

The good news is the flasher works and it must be grounded.

Ok I  will check all my connections

I have double checked all  the wires and postinotes to see if I made a mistake .They are good . 

Maybe a connector has separated .

flasher needs no ground..it operates on an amp load which is the bulb element going to ground and is bi-metal switch....when running through the load (bulbs) it heats the element, flexes and opens the load circuit whereupon it now closes the Pilot contact to you dash indicator...when it cools the load is again connected as the pilot is disconnected...this heat cool cycle continues until you cancel the call, burn out bulb, burn out flasher, melt the wires or battery goes dead......

I am not sure what the pilot is I think it is the bulb  if that is the case it was on the end of the indicator arm and yes it worked 

The new pilot light does not work.

5 minutes ago, Cannuck said:

the power is from the power side of the brake light switch .

Power should come from an always hot, fused connection to the battery, or a switched connection if you have one available. 

The brake connection is a separate wire.

ok...follow along...if you do not have the brake lights on.....where is the power coming from for the flasher...…..therein is the need for power input to the X lead of the flasher so to light the signal lamps when in coast or lane change.....you DO NOT use the brakes on these conditions....look again at your schematic....two power wires needed....the internal of the switch will set up the power condition per application..you though must set these power requirement for the switch....follow the instruction/schematic.....

on a third light brake...that wire goes to the third lite dedicated...you will need to also power the switch with this same power per the schematic...when you hit the brake as it is now wired..you are actually powering up though a backfeed….

Plymouthy

Thank you , I went with the multimeter and found no power to X

Checked my power source and found  a wire off under the tape . 

everything works three brake lights , signal lights .

only problem is the pilot light stays on and the little green indicators don't light up 

Is it normal for the light to stay on 

should not stay on but to be specific...this is the function of the flasher......but to cover all bases...does it flash when left or right is selected.....I have never used a 900 series so the need to ask that question.

NOW as you have dedicated lamps on the D24 for turns signal operation....wire the left indicator to the front left of the turn signal and the right indicator to the right front of the turn signal..this should prevent feedback by not tying into the braking switching portion of the switch... 

IF you decide to wire the in-dash indicators, you can pull the bulb from the switch....

Plymouthy

Thank you , I went with the multimeter and found no power to X

Checked my power source and found  a wire off under the tape . 

everything works three brake lights , signal lights .

only problem is the pilot light stays on and the little green indicators don't light up 

Is it normal for the light to stay on 

Thanks again 

My car id a D25  delux model It does not have dedicated lamps in the dash .

It does not flash when indicating I thought it would

maybe I have one more problem to solve .

My concern was draining the battery maybe that tiny bulb wouldn't hurt it 

I doubt its suppose to stay on

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally resolved the wiring issue with my signal stat 900 .

I contacted the company and they were aware of the problem with 6 volt positive ground vehicle . 

I was told to take the pilot wire off the flasher and connect it to two 2 one amp . diodes 900 - 905 Instruction Sheet.pdf

I have attempted to upload what they sent me .

Thanks to everyone for your help