signal light problem

Cannuck

Hi

I have a wiring problem .

I just finished wiring my signal stat 900 . I was advised to get the power from the power side of the brake switch .

I have finished wiring following the wiring diagram .

The diagram shows the grey/ black wire going to the stop light switch so i assumed it would attack to the non power side which I did 

The last thing I did was power up the flasher . The flasher is a Napa 6 V # 535 . 

I also changed the bulb to a 6V 

I hooked up the power and the rear tail lights are on and nothing else works as it should 

Can not figure out what I did wrong . I am assuming I have power tail lights are on .

Any suggestions 

I recently added directional signals to my '48 P15 with the same switch. Be sure the flasher and the Signal Stat have excellent grounds. Do the brake lights still function? If not recheck the brake switch wiring and the connection you made at the switch. Stay with it, you'll figure it out.  :)

Hi Plymouthy .

No the wire colours are different .But other than that it seems to be the same  

Also when I turn on the signal light it shuts  off the light on that side 

Are you trying to keep the function of the center stop light? I believe the diagram is for cars without the single center stop.  This screws up the wiring and will try to flash the center lamp along with the signal.  There is a work around but by greater minds than mine.