46 Chrysler Fluid drive making weird noise

46windsir

Hello everyone I just Recently got my car wired up For the fluid drive on my 46 Windsor and last night I started the car and a weird noise going on sitting in neutral coming from the fluid coupling I believe any thoughts what it may be , here is a clip . 

as with anything you recently bought it is a good idea to go around and check for all assemblies for good clean and tight connections.  In this case..the coupler to crank mounting bolts...ensure you clutch fork is not grabbing on a dry output shaft sleeve and chattering/banging..

Am I hearing what sounds like a 1/2" drive ratchet spinning, occasionally? At the .02 mark, .06 and .010 mark? Is that the noise you are referring to? It's terrifying if that is coming from your Fluid Drive.:o

Time to pull the lower cover off for a good look and listen.

17 hours ago, keithb7 said:

Am I hearing what sounds like a 1/2" drive ratchet spinning, occasionally? At the .02 mark, .06 and .010 mark? Is that the noise you are referring to? It's terrifying if that is coming from your Fluid Drive.:o

Yea that the noise . 

When you do get that gremlin out of the fluid drive be sure to update us. I am really interested to learn what it is. 

The surging carb could be several things. You’ll have to choose where to start and go through each to eliminate each variable.  

I’d pull the carb and disassemble, soak and clean everything. Jets, ports, etc and a new gasket kit upon reassembly. Set float.  Compression test engine. Fuel pressure test. New plugs cap, wires, points and condenser. Set points and plugs gap. Then a timing light and set.  Check vacuum/mechanical advance. Set valves, when hot. 

A good start. 

• Like 1

Good point Plymouthy. I suppose it depends what the owner wants. Looking at video, I  tend to jump onto everything I suspect it needs. 

A tired old girl with a noisy fan belt too.

• Haha 1