Help/Advice with front end

homer41

I have a 41 P-12 all stock. I have totally dismantled and am starting to rebuild the front suspension. In the maintenance manual it calls for some special tools to do the upper and lower a arms. Can I get by without the special tools or will I have to reproduce these tools. Any and all help is welcome.    Dave

Felt your pain.  I believe your referring to putting the rubber bushings in.  if that the case here is what I did.   Works best if everything is clean and dry, no grease.  Fit the rubber bushings on the a arm shaft, use a putty knife to slide it in. then put the nut on.  good luck  Mark

Homer.............those special tools they mention are to keep the A arms at the indicated width, apart from checking regularly when I installed the bushes that the arms hadn't been narrowed I didn't find any real need for them, but I suppose if I was redoing the bushes again I'd probably make up something out of some angle iron pieces and a couple of pieces of bar or strip............Homer...........I'd forgotten about the outer seals and the tools that they recomend to instal those........honestly I havn't found that those tools are needed for the outer bushes, pins and seals.....just take your time assembling them and I'v found they are not a problem........... .andyd  

Edited by Andydodge

Thanks guys, I'm not at the assembly point yet, everything is being blasted and painted, should be ready soon. I will give it a go and let you know if I have any problems. Got the call yesterday that I can pick up my engine, the machine work is done.   Things are moving fast but I am going to stop for the summer, I only work on this in the winter when I am not outside doing other things.   Dave