Chassis paint type

Another good brand of paint worth mentioning is XO Rust. I think this is usually available at True Value stores. 

The running board support on the left was  painted with their red oxide primer years before the whole frame was stripped and painted. It was over rust too - this was the battery area. 

When I blasted, sanded, and wire brushed the frame in '12, the red oxide wouldn't budge. So I painted over it. 

It's an Alkyd like Rust Oleum but better. They have quarts and rattle cans. They even make a sh*t brown color that's a 95% match to my truck!

IMG_8742.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

15 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

The thing with powder coating I've noticed is it's inability to get into the tight and hidden spots. Like what happened to NiftyFifty's trailer, on fabricated assemblies like frames or trailers there will likely be a small gap in the coating where water can enter into the spaces between members. Corrosion starts there and works outward...bubbling up the coating as it moves.

With paint, it usually flows into these spaces by capillary action and makes a good seal....most of the time.

The Hall effect (?) it a PITA for plating and ED painting processes