47 WD21 flatbed

Hello,

I very recently was "gifted" this wonderful truck. A 1947 Dodge WD21 1 ton Flatbed. The catch is though, it hasn't run in 30 years. I believe it's still in good enough condition to restore. I still need to inspect the underside of it but I'm optimistic. I'm pretty concerned about something I spotted almost imediatley when I first saw it. The back of the engine is touching the firewall. There is no clearance at all between back of the head and the firewall. I'm left to wonder if this is normal or if i have a serious issue underneath. Open to sugestions or general info. Thanks and I'm glad to be apart of this group of Mopar inthusiast.

R/

MoparJigsaw

That is not normal but not necessarily something horribly wrong either. Could just be bad motor mounts allowing the engine to shift position. 

Welcome to the forum. It is good to see another WD on here - I am in the process of rebuilding the same exact truck.

One thing you have to keep in mind is these trucks were generally worked hard. Engine swaps and changes to the drivetrain were not uncommon. The engine number make it easy to identify exactly what you have. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this forum (I am still trying to learn everything I can about my truck) - pictures are always helpful. I hope you enjoy your new toy.