The Windward 48 dodge survivor

Bbdakota

Went for a ride this evening to the auto parts for some white lithium grease for the 56. It's been neglected and the windows don't roll down all that smooth. The wife drove me in the 48 and riding in the 48 makes me question why I got it for sale in the first place. I love riding around in this thing! I'm going to seriously consider buying a 4 post lift so I can keep it. I do have a potential buyer coming to look at it tomorrow but you know how that goes.....likely not to hear from him tomorrow. In the past few weeks my son has wanted to drive the 48 a couple times. Even to the point he's asking what cruise-in is this weekend. He's taking it out a couple times over the last few weeks. 

Back to today, we threw a cover over the back seat and took the dog along. Here's the wife driving to the parts store, the dog riding along and a cruise in where the son drove the 48 and the wife and I drove the 56.

20200229_170146_copy_756x1008.jpg

20200229_170217_copy_756x1008.jpg

20200215_164514_copy_1008x756.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, Bbdakota said:

Oh! Update on the cheap carburetor.  The accelerator pump has stopped working and the car is hard to start after sitting a week or so. I haven't taken it apart yet to find out what's the problem. 

Update on the update.....

I took the top off the carburetor and there's a small amount of rust that got by the filter before I replaced the fuel tank. Cleaned the carburetor and it's working fine again. 

The wife and I took the 56 (been working on it) to a cruise-in and the son wanted to take the 48. At a fuel stop he said to me "I love driving this ole car"

FB_IMG_1583633091121.jpg

• Like 1

I've had a ton of potential buyers contact me interested in the car. I've also had a ton more just commenting "nice car" or "love that dodge" etc. Today I was contacted by a guy who I didn't think was a  serious buyer by the conversation. He finally asked if he could come look at it. He's only the second person to look at it and we struck a deal. He's the first person I sent a link to this thread. Maybe he'll continue with updates on the car. I'm a little heartbroken but the car I'd going to continue to deteriorate if it stays with me. I've kept it under a carport but it still is getting dew on it and mist when it rains. The new owner plans to take it to the next level. I wish him luck. 

Congratulations on the sale, Scott! There comes a time when a project needs to go to a new home, I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it. If i makes you feel any better....there are still some bits and pieces of the Dodge in my shop.  :)

You have some great cars in the shop, now you can turn your full attention to them!

Edited by Sam Buchanan

Thanks Sam. As much as the wife and I, and of course the son, have enjoyed the 48, we are looking forward to cruisin around in the 56. I've all but stopped working on the 58 while getting the 56 up to my standards. Good news is my son has been working on his project car. We painted his engine bay today getting ready to set the engine in. I think him driving the 48 to recent events might have inspired him a little. Btw, he's got a 93 foxbody coupe, we've built a healthy 351w to go in it.

• 2 months later...

I miss posting progress and adventures in my old 48! Good news, the new owner has keep me posted on work he's doing to the 48. I'm so glad it went to someone like him. He seems to like the car and definitely taking it to the next level. He seems really good at the small details that make a car up. Added red lettering to the bumper and trim, added a visor, some pin stripping and polished on the car. Here's some pictures he's sent me.

20200326_131619.jpg

20200326_132337.jpg

Message_1587323066474.jpg

• Like 1