Question for Cold Blue

Don Coatney

Don - I found the car not too far from where I live in Murfreesboro, in a little town called Rover. I do not know who had it before the guy I bought it from. 

The pin stripe work was done by Killer Designs by Darin Allen. He is a noted pin-striper; he has won the Easyrider's Builders Class Show and Sturgis Rat's Hole award, done striping for F1 cars for Gene Simmons of Kiss, and Gene Wilder, to name just a few. He did sign his work - if you look closely at the photo with the intricate pattern you can see a very small "Killer d" just above the dark blue loop at the bottom of the photo.

DSC01876.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01873.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

• Like 1

There is a guy who lives near Murfreesboro who uses the screen name of GATOR (pictured below) on a few hot rod forums who does pin striping. He belongs to the poor boys club. I am sure you will run into many poor boys at the shows in your area. 

I am surprised I never saw your car at any shows when I lived there.

000_1495ab.jpg

• Like 1

Found a way to get rid of that poorly done "WE" in the pin striping script.....Killer D meant it to say "Just wanta have fun".  Went to a body shop and they advised that matching the paint was pretty near impossible, so no painting over the "WE". I had a ROUTE 66 fridge magnet, and I just hid the "WE" with it. I think it looks super! 

DSC01878.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cold Blue said:

Found a way to get rid of that poorly done "WE" in the pin striping script.....Killer D meant it to say "Just wanta have fun".  Went to a body shop and they advised that matching the paint was pretty near impossible, so no painting over the "WE". I had a ROUTE 66 fridge magnet, and I just hid the "WE" with it. I think it looks super! 

DSC01878.jpg

i like that!

• Like 2