Door lock removal

Dusty56

I have followed the droopy door handle thread and tried a search but I am unable to see how to remove the lock which sits below the handle. 

I have got the latch released but cannot remove it due to the locking mechanism shaft that passes through it. 

I have removed the screw from the end of the shaft but don't want to just smack it out with a hammer unless that is the way to do it. 

Vehicle is a 1948 De soto club coupe. 

look for a tiny set screw down inside an access that is alongside the rear of the door adjacent to the lock itself....note of interest, these are pretty much rusted in place...odds of it just popping loose is slim to none...many have luck with penetrating oil....I was redoing my car as it was so did not bother me to heat the screws for removal...good luck....

Thanks for the advice on the door lock, the grub screw was behind the door seal so I wouldn't have been able to find it without help.

The lock itself works fine off the car but is so stiff in place that I have bent two keys...partly because it sometimes works almost okay. 

It looks as if I need to remove the interior window trim to get the runners out to create enough room to get the door latch out.

I have removed the screws from the frame but it still seems to be secured somehow. It appears that the quarter light comes out with the frame. 

Is that correct and is it a brute force and ignorance technique to get it out. 

Apologies for all of the questions but I am more familiar with Morris Minors.