Help Identify My Sun Shield

Cold Blue

Blue.........can't help re identifying your cars visor but I do like it.........similar to the Fulton 1000 series visor I had except for the way it attaches either side, I like yours as it seems to have a certain style that the various flat type don't........they look almost like a piece of board and with those weird brackets........lol...........but we all have our preferences..........my Fulton visor came from a guy on this forum 10yrs ago, he had it on his 48 Plymouth and didn't want it, I jumped at the chance, it fitted without any adjustment which was to be expected as Plymouth are the same around the front of the roof & windscreen 1940 to 1948......I painted it & polished the alloy brackets and kept the chrome edges shiney and made a stronger stainless centre bar bracket.............I'm a hotrodder .........lol..........regards from Oz......Andyd .

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Andy - I notice some big differences between our sunscreens. Yours is much fancier; it has a raised center section (I'm guessing for adjustment, and it is two pieces) and it comes to a peak in the center, while mine is one continuous piece, with no peak. My center support bracket is one piece of metal with no screws at all. So my screen is not adjustable at all, which tells me it was made to fit a 40 to 48 Plymouth. Could it be a factory screen? One thing for sure - it is a quite simple design...one single piece of metal, formed in a gentle sweep, rimmed in stainless. Maybe someone else on the Forum has some answers???  By the way - that is a super nice center support bracket you fabbed!! Regards from USA......Blue.

Blue..........the centre bracket part that I made was just the stainless piece, actually 2 pieces..........which slipped inside that shaped grey painted Fulton piece..........the original setup was 2 1/2" wide strips that just curled around the centre windscreen bar.....and was quite flimsy............I bent the stainless as a 2 piece arrangement then used short pieces of 1/4" allthread so that I could have the chrome accorn nuts on both sides.............the weird thing with this visor was that I had never seen a Fulton visor in person till it arrived here in Oz, it was shipped with the pieces sitting on top of each other making a much smaller package but was easily assembled..........whilst it had a flat black finish on the top it had the green/yellow etch primer underneath and if anything looked like it had been made from the same aluminium that was used in WW2 and other aircraft........maybe it was due to the cancellation of aircraft contracts due to the end of WW2 resulting in an oversupply of thin alloy sheet........when I primed the visor prior to painting it I found that the grey primer almost a perfect match to the grey upholstery already in the car so left the underneath the grey, see the previous pic showing part of the inside sun visor...............whilst I can see that your visor is maybe not as ornate as that on my car I still think its quite stylish and just a nice as mine.........and as I sold the Plymouth in a fit of stupidity at least you can still look & enjoy yours...............lol.............andyd       

• Like 1