Water distribution tube

If the water distribution tube is bad in my dump truck flathead six will it blow white smoke out of the exhaust and smoke under the exhaust/intake manifold?  Just replaced the head gasket & fired it up hoping to get back on the road.  Smoke again, so maybe it was not the head gasket after all.  Also the return line for my canister oil filter broke off.  Can I use steel tubing like is used for brakes to replace that?  One step forward & two steps back!!!  Thanks in advance for any help. 

No, the water distribution tube wouldn’t cause your smoke. If the truck hasn’t been run in a while it may take a good heat cycle to burn out all of the condensation and gunk out of the exhaust system. Also, if the intake/exhaust manifold studs are leaking coolant past the threads it could potentially seep into the intake and burn in the combustion process, causing white smoke. Or it could seep into the exhaust manifold and smoke that way too. Do you have any external coolant leaks around the manifolds? 

I would have let the engine run longer, but the return line for the oil filter canister started leaking.  It is brittle & broke right loose from the fitting.  I plan on repairing that leak & starting it again & see if the white smoke burns off & clears up.  My lines are rubber with a mesh reinforcement on the outside.  Can I just use steel brake line instead?  Also in answer to Mr. Coggins question, I do have a pinhole  leak in the top of the radiator.  I think the passenger side of the hood caused it.  Bit of solder to repair that.  Thanks for the response guys!   

The fittings at the block and filter housing are called inverted flare and need a double flare on the tubing, to seal the new lines. Thats on a stock set-up, you could have different fittings. Like Merle alluded to, all the manifold studs, head bolts, thermostat housing, water pump, need thread sealant.

2 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Yes, oil filter lines can be made from brake line. 

Unless you don't have it mounted to the head. If for some reason it got moved to the firewall or inner fender you would need the flex lines. 

Thanks again for the responses.  Mine is mounted to the block/head, but would it be OK to use the rubber brake lines, like the ones going to the calipers/brake drums?  Just concerned about the heat.  Back to the white smoke coming out of the exhaust,  I did a pressure test on the cooling system & only found a coolant leak at the radiator itself.