Fulton sun shield

Frank Blackstone

I have a genuine original Fulton Sun Shield that a man wants to buy from me  to install on his 1951 Granbrook.  I am not sure it will fit because I have never installed  it on my P-15. I am wondering if there is any adjustment  for fit that can be made.?

Fulton Sun Shield.jpg 1.jpg

Fulton Sun Shield.jpg

I think Norm's old site is still on the net...or was a bit back when I looked.   He had permission to print this data and had all the models and their application and adjusting procedures...I just looked at my saved copy of this file but it did not save Norm's website addy….his site I think was Nor-Mar enterprises..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Th 3 piece sheet metal style are adjustable as to the width within some limit by loosening the center bolts. That appears to also be where the two center hold down rods attach to the center of the windshield. Do you have the center hold down rods and clamps complete.?

How do the side brackets mount to the roof or rain gutter?  Some just used sheet metal screws and others have clamps to hold onto the rain gutters. Do have them if so.??

The side brackets are adjustable as to the angle of the sun visor with limits.

So in My final opinion it May fit, or not? What is the width now and how wide is his car, check those out and it will help you both to decide.

Last I looked on E Bay they were Asking $350-400+ for a complete ( sometimes not) one. That's up to the two of you.

Hope this helps Some.  ?

DJ

this was the Fulton 1000 series sun visor I had on my 41 Coupe.....they are adjustable in the width as mentioned...I'd also suggest to the intended purchaser that the centre braces need to be very secure, I replaced the stock ones with a much stronger setup made from 2 pieces of stainless sheet that was held/ clamped around the centre divider......it was much stronger than stock..........andyd   

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

IMG_1358.JPG

I just Googled, fulton sun shield instructions, and the old install file was at docplayer.net. It's the Nor-Mar file. It appears there are four settings marked  for width. The file I see doesn't go past 1948. But shows it broke down and how to fit and mask for paint. As an edit, I just Googled that again and it didn't come up till I typed,doc, at the end of the search. I saved it but the pictures aren't there. Hope that helps, if no one has found it yet.

Edited by 9 foot box

Thanks Cowboy48. Can you do that to a post I made Sunday, about dashboards and steering wheels? Just the 46-48 file is 57,000 kb. I deleted it in my downloads, just to keep my old laptop working slightly above sloth level.

The Fulton visor will work fine have mounted several Fulton visors on different makes and model vehicles there’s enough adjustments to fit most roof lines and A pillars

F7971B49-FCCA-4936-96AE-75CD4BEE9530.jpeg