Identify Spitfire Chrysler

Sawyers Mill

I'm looking to purchase a Spitfire engine. Doing it over the phone. He claims it is a 1951 Chrysler with a stamped serial # of 933-153661. I'm not having any luck with that number. Is he reading it wrong ? He also says there is a cast number 1115839-1 on it.  I'll see if he can send pictures.   The engine may go in my 46 Dodge pickup. My truck currently has the original  218 & has been upgraded to a T5 trans and is drivable. I know the front mounts & radiator have to be moved. You guys think of any issues putting the Dodge bell housing, flywheel, bushing & T5 on the Spitfire ? Thanks

Measure the head length..  23" either a 218 or a 230 ci. engine

"                             "            25" then" it's a 236, 251 or a 265 ci. engine

You also need to have the engine piston stroke measurement to figure out exactly which of the above engines it is.

Above # 6 cylinder is a 7/16" hex plug...remove it and using a 10" length straight piece of coat hanger rod.....put it down that hole touching the top of the # 6 piston  then note the up/down total stroke of the rod by turning the engine over one or more times to get an accurate stroke reading. 

The 218 stroke is 4-3/8"

"      230 stroke is 4-5/8"

"      236 stroke is 4-1/4"

"      251 stroke is 4-1/2"

"      265 stroke is 4-3/4"

• Like 1