Advice Needed On Potential Purchase

52b3b Joe

3 hours ago, 52b3b Joe said:

I’m still kind of baffled a little, but the seller backed out after we had a deal... this has been an interesting experience. I had everything figured out with him and then he pulled the plug because of a better offer (even though he came back to me with the price?). To each their own. I’m disappointed but life goes on. Who knows, maybe next week he’ll be back because the other person is a no show. 

There is no other buyer....either he has seller's remorse or he is trying to chisel more out of you.

• Like 1

I had the thought that he is trying to get more out of me now. I offer to pay for and get the car moved out today, but he didn’t want his yard rutted up with the rain we’re getting....

Maybe someone else in your area saw your posts on here and made a move on it. I think I might have kept quiet about finding it until it was in my driveway. Or.........He's just looking for a better offer from you to sweeten the deal in his favor. I hope it works out for you.   

• Like 1

I recently bought a dodge dakota, gave the owner the asking price of $300 ... I almost wish I gave him $300 and let him keep the truck.

Next day, I had paid for the truck and was just airing up the tires to drive it home. A kid showed up and said he knew someone that would pay $400.

I honestly would have let the kid have it for That money, just kept my $300 and let the seller get $400 ... but it was all talk.

I gave the money already, the kid showed up with talk of someone else that would pay more .... get the cash out and quit talking is what I said.

And now I am stuck with it, runs good. It may turn out to be a nice beater with a heater, not what I need in West Texas.

One thing I will add, I am not a big "patina" fan .... that Desoto has some Bad Ass patina that I would like to keep.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 10:33 PM, casper50 said:

If it was closer I'd buy it at twice that.

Yup! Like a wise man once said, "They ain't making them anymore."

Not to mention that 500 bucks is not much more than lunch money these days. I know a lot of people who are paying more than that in monthly payments on "nothing special" new cars or trucks.

Patience on this matter will prove to be a lesson learned whether you get this car or not. You don't currently own it because you have not given him any money so you won't be out anything if he sells it to someone else. If you see ruts in his yard and the car is gone you will have learned that you didn't want to deal with him anyway.

Either way, $500.00 is a steal for the car. I hope you get it.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, Ranger said:

Just saved yourself a bunch of work. Now you can concentrate on your other projects with a clear conscience.

yeah!!! like the COE, Joe!!! :D

• Like 1

Lol, I never thought this thread would take off like this! To follow back up with it, I have not heard back from the guy and his for sale ad had been removed. I'm guessing the car is sold. I'm not too upset about not getting the car, just more upset with him backing out when I offered to pay remove the car the same day at the price he gave me. I knew $500 was cheap, but I wasn't exactly looking for another big project. Life goes on, and this will give me a clean slate to start the cab over project hopefully soon! I'm trying to make some changes currently that gives me a place to work on the big old Dodge! There will always be the next big/good deal to be found!