Master Cylinder comparisons

soth122003

I was looking at a few different wheel cylinders for my 48 P-15 special deluxe and I thought about my MC. I looked around and saw the prices at amazon and rock auto. Then I found I sight I hadn't seen before. The MC's there were half the price and made in the USA. The problem was they say they won't fit my P-15. They will however fit a Dodge, DeSoto and Crystler's from the same year 46-48. I didn't think the MC's were different on those models. The sight is Cardone http://www.cardone.com/find-parts I hit up Andy B's site and they show the same MC for all that year except those with power brakes.

The MC looks the same,so I wondering if the dimensional specs are different. Any one have a reason or know what the difference is?

Joe Lee

Edited by soth122003

The 1946-54 Six cylinder non booster Ply, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler cars master cylinders are all the same except there are two bore sizes...1" and the most common 1-1/8".

What's your bore size?

1" is the hard one to find.