Fuel Sender Ohms

RickB

I recently put a new fuel tank and Fuel sender in my 40 Plymouth 2 door special deluxe.    They are both new original equipment.  I need to ad an aftermarket fuel gauge but do not recall the ohms range on the fuel sender.  I believe I need to know this range in order to make sure I get the right fuel gauge. Am I right on this thinking?  Can anyone tell me the ohms range I would need so I can order the correct fuel gauge?

Thanks for any help.

you should be two wire sender and gauge...to use the original gauge a two wire sender is MANDATORY and the resistance total is 28-32 ohms...you need to understand the circuit and the manner it goes to ground to test gauge and sender itself.....the gauge has a built in 5 volt regulator......

18 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

you should be two wire sender and gauge...to use the original gauge a two wire sender is MANDATORY and the resistance total is 28-32 ohms...you need to understand the circuit and the manner it goes to ground to test gauge and sender itself.....the gauge has a built in 5 volt regulator......

I already have the sender and its the original 2 wire.  I am not using the original fuel gauge.  I will be using an after market fuel gauge.