Mopar Engineering Legacy

keithb7

This is a good read for a Mopar enthusiast. Good details on new auto developments. The list of new engineered offerings discussed in the book is lengthy. The book offers some good insight on what the automobile industry was like back in the early days. The Maxwell car and how it morphed into a Chrysler.  I found the Stewart Warner Vacuum Tank story interesting. 

I am about 1/2 way through the book as of this writing. I recommend!

454AFFCC-FD10-42A4-BB24-BAC39E4FAE4E.png

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Worden18 said:

Looks like I'll be buying this ?

I am quite enjoying it. It's interesting to learn about all the engineering test labs they set up. How the engineers developed so many little things that we take for granted today.

Imagine little wind tunnels with wood carved car models being tested. Folks saying, "Oh my. That's not very good.  Try turning the car backwards in the wind tunnel and test it again....OMG, there is a 30% improvement if the car is pointed backwards into the wind!" That was a major game changer for the auto industry. One of many that the Chrysler team figured out.