Oil filter relocation

bergy

Hi guys

I’m relocating my canister type oil filter on my 53 hemi..  did anyone ever relocate a canister type filter to an alternate location. Can I just buy hydraulic lines - make a bracket?

On 4/9/2019 at 6:17 AM, bergy said:

..  did anyone ever relocate a canister type filter to an alternate location. Can I just buy hydraulic lines - make a bracket?

I placed my filter on the fender, driver side. Why ? I just did not know, where it originally is installed, so I was looking for a place, where it is easily accessible (maintenance) and gets a bit of cool air from the radiator.

The bracket (red arrow) is mounted to the fender with 3 bolts. Tubes are of steel with copper coating. Both, inlet tube (blue arrow) and outlet tube (yellow arrow) got a loop to avoid breaks due to stiffness in combination with vibrations. I did not use a special tube bend tool, just a round bar with a big enough diameter to avoid constriction of the tube.

Oilfilter_fender_2.jpg.cd12bdde89c10ca9ff5b98da1e18cdc0.jpg

Oilfilter_fender_1.jpg.4aca54dc101240dfa690576eeb0d5e8b.jpg