Dualiy problem

Hello,

The tires I installed years ago on the split rims are too wide to install. (Used 7.5x16instead of 6.5x16).   As the hubs are off to replace all brake parts, I’m hoping it’s possible to re/re the lug bolts to accommodate the wider tires. The existing bolts are approximately 2”, and I’d need another 2” to make it work. Can we remove the existing and reinstall longer lug studs?  Or do I have to change tire size back to original? 

Another common question I get is the possibility of swapping the rear end to ease up on the revs, maybe drive on a main road once in a while..

ive got rear stripped,( gas tank,running boards, lines, electrical) now grinding rust off frame, parts, etc . Got hubs to shop for turning, getting wheel cylinders,lines,hand brake assembly.,planning the flatdeck (steel frame, 2x6 Doug Fir decking) as no box available (its 9 ft). Gonna get it back to stock!

Thank y’all, cheers, Dave in Squamish.

• Like 1

I don't think you have dual wheels. A dual wheel is narrower at 4.5" and has a 1/2" more set back. A four wheeled 1 ton , the face of  the wheel is flush with the rim. And are coined. I hunt down these wheels and have a variation of set back and bolt hole size. Previous owners made it a dually with the wrong wheels. 

Coined duals....

1 ton Dodge rim stud holes.jpg

Rims Wide DT 1 Ton.jpg

• Like 1

7.50's depending on the brand are tight on the duals with almost no space between them-not enough to get a finger between them. .   I went w the 7.00's for mine.  I used to have pics of the single and dual rims to show the difference, but I can't find 'em.

Indeed it’s not a dual wheel truck. The rims aren’t coined. Looks like i have two spares... I was on a tangent on that one for years, so I  want to thank y’all for setting this straight, I would have wasted a lot of time and energy on that one, thinking I was getting it back together! Thx d.