1948 Plymouth carter carb parts or alternative

Dieselwulf

Hello new to the forum.  I decided to rebuild the carburetor on my 1948 Plymouth Special deluxe, and I'm kind of glad I did.  There was a coating of rust sludge in the bottom of it but it still ran pretty good.  I need a new float and float pin, I've found the float but I can't find the float pin.  Does anyone know of any alternatives for a float pin, even if I have to modify an existing one?  

Also, are there any other alternatives to the carter carburetor that would bolt up in the stock location without modifying too much?  I'm running the stock air bath air filter and I'd like to keep it looking stock.  

Thank you!

47 minutes ago, Jerry Roberts said:

Isn't that " float pin " just a short steel rod ? If so , perhaps a hobby shop of a hardware store would have a rod that you can cut to fit . 

I'm thinking a section of a 16d nail might just be the ticket.

I’ve tried Mike’s Carburetor parts and he doesn’t have anything.

I have a few lawn mower carbs laying around, I’m about to rebuild one of those so I’m going to see if that pin is similar.  

The nail idea might be the ticket.  I have a small mom and pop hardware store in town, might be worthwile to take the float in with me and match something up.  

11 hours ago, Dieselwulf said:

I’ve tried Mike’s Carburetor parts and he doesn’t have anything.

I have a few lawn mower carbs laying around, I’m about to rebuild one of those so I’m going to see if that pin is similar.  

The nail idea might be the ticket.  I have a small mom and pop hardware store in town, might be worthwile to take the float in with me and match something up.  

If you strike out on making one send me a PM I've got a few parts carbs 

• 2 weeks later...