Hubs seized front axle

Hello,

Dave here from Squamish, time to bring the 48 one ton back to the garage so we can work on it. The front drivers side won’t turn at all. We tried wheel off four pound tap, lubed the dust plate/hub, backed off the brake shoe adjuster, still no movement... any ideas on next move? Thank you all , this is a great forum and it feels great working on the old iron again, in this modern computer age!

dave Tweet. Squamish BC, Canada 

7 hours ago, David Tweet said:

Ok thank you Young Ed, I’ll proceed in that direction; can I use a puller to ease drum off? D

You shouldn't need to on a front but I've seen one that was badly stuck and I did do it that way. Basically what happens is over the years the wheel cylinder corrodes and gets stuck and then the shoes rust to the drum. What I did was pull the drum out a little until I could pry the shoes in and back and then it came apart.