Universal weather stripping?

Howdy!

Sometimes I have no luck with the search, the topic is way out of my experience, and I figure it’d be worth a separate thread from my build thread so it can help others searching.

I have seen restoration kits for the door seals in our trucks but I think the 54 doors are shaped different than the 53 and 55. Plus the kits are really expensive!

Has anybody had luck using some kind of universal trunk seal gasket or something? I’m picturing a rubber strip/gluing surface with a soft bubble of rubber sticking off it.

I need to do my doors and my cowl vent so I can see if there is still water coming in the wiper posts, antenna hole (deleting this soon), and windshield gasket. Because it is definitely dripping from around the door top and A pillar!

Thanks for any experience, tips, or brand/supplier suggestions, even if it’s not my cheap out universal gasket idea.

Radar

Here's what I plan on using all my fixed glass:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL48HSE/?coliid=I2YP270WU5A2YG&colid=2U54QLMAVKE8H&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I'll probably find a universal door weather seal too, gonna have to bite the bullet with vent windows and roll up though.

just my 2 cents.

My current windows all have this style:

20190127_103259.jpg

Good idea on the fixed glass gasket- that one looks good installed. 

I probably should have said “door seal seals” in the title I’m more looking for the seal around the inside edge of the door itself. I do also need new window tracks my glass is only supported by the regulators. The truck had some flexible metal fabric lined square C channel around the top & back of the roll up window opening that decided to finally let go after I lifted the cab a bunch of times by the door window openings. I could glue the old stuff back in but I’d like to find that new as well. Also the part on the inside of the bottom window opening- cat whiskers? To insulate and rattle proof. 

I found steele makes foam rubber extrusions by the foot but the amount of shape and size choice is staggering and I don’t want to reinvent the wheel or go too thick and have trouble closing the doors.

here’s pics of the old hard passenger door seal, the driver’s side with no seal, the driver’s rear window channel/glass seal, and a detail of it. 

32C73DF4-9001-4451-A1A2-F374962C0A06.jpeg

• Like 1