Oil pressure

Doug&Deb

When I first ran my rebuilt 230 I was told that our engines normally ran around 20 to 25 lbs at idle.  My problem was mine ran at zero at warm idle.  Had to buy a new pressure relieve valve and then I had way too much.  70 at warm idle.  Had to trim the spring a few times to get it to run at 40 warm idle and 60 at speed.

Does it increase with the clutch disengaged or in neutral?  What is the ide speed? 20 psi at ide is well within factory specs. What do you use for engine oil, what is your operating temp?

Edited by greg g

1 hour ago, Doug&Deb said:

It increases with the clutch disengaged. Idle speed is 475. No noises at all. The engine runs strong and smooth. I’m probably overthinking this. It’s normal for me.

With a std trns isn't idle suppost to be more like 700 rms ?

My 51 Meadowbrook does the exact same thing as you've described.  230 Flathead with Fluid Drive.  Almost 9K on rebuilt engine, no problems.  Ran great at 98F outside temp and at -33F as well.  You'll be fine.