choke cable

rlovette

Have been out of the loop for a while. Can anyone help with a manual choke on a '41 Plymouth? It's frozen.....and I've tried some PB blaster.....but to no avail. While the part numbers aren't the same as the '46-'48 models, would the chokes be interchangable? There was one for sale on e-bay.......but I didn't get it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard Lovette

Richard,

The 46-48 choke cable should work. The same outside tube for the cable was used in 41 through 48. However the choke knob which is cast onto the cable is different in 41 from the 46-48 one so there is a different part number for the actual inside cable. If you don't mind the different knob you should be good to go if you find a later cable.

Jim Yergin

I did sometthing a little different. I bought a universal cable available at NAPA or any other parts store and cut the knob off. I carefully removed the knob from my old cable by heating the cable shaft enough to pull the knob off. I threaded the knob end of the new cable and drilled and threaded the old knob the same size. Screw the knob on and Presto I have an original cable!

Also make sure there isn't a kink in the cable under the dashboard. You can also loosen the cable, wire it up so gravity will work and try the PB blaster again letting it run down the inner wire into the spiral gaurd. I have to do this from time to time on my yard tractor. It always frosts me when after about a month of being just fine, I jump on to start it and the Choke cable resists all effor to move it by the pull knob.