Proper trunk setup

woodrow

I did a search and could not find anything on this.  I'm getting the 48 P15 ready for the upcoming car show season and would like to know if there is any particular method to storing everything.  I have a spare tire on rim, bolt and spare retainer, wheel chock, number jack and plate, and lug wrench. If anybody knows the proper layout or perhaps can even post a picture that would be greatly appreciated.  I'm particular when it comes to details like this and considering that I'm lucky enough for my car to come with this stuff then why not do it right.  

Woodrow:  The  AACA jusging book does not even take off any points for the items not being in any specific order for car or truck. They are making sure that the items in the trunk area such as the jack and the rim and the spare tire are correct. So all five tires need to tbe the same manufacturer and also the tire needs to lok as if the car was just delivered from the dealership.  They are concerned about the looks correct. They even can not climb under the car but can only get down on one knee to inspect the undercarriage.  They do not even inspect the engine number to make sure that it matches the year of the car so my 39 desoto should have an S6 prefic before the engine number but it could have an s10 prefix.  They are looking to make sure that the items and period correct.

Just setup your trunk and spare tire area so it looks clean an tidy looking.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com