Door sill mat Plymouth 1949 - New vendor

Thomba48

Hi, came across this offering on ebay https://www.ebay.de/itm/1949-1950-1951-1952-Plymouth-DOOR-SILL-MAT-Pair-NEW-2-Door-Deluxe-Special-Deluxe/143100679151?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

What strikes me here? Well, almost affordable in comparison to other offers. Has anybody come across them already? Just interested in how well they are performing in the real world ?

I think the vendor used to be Frank Mitchell Mopar who seemed to have a big warehouse full of good old stuff.  I don't know if Frank is still around or who is running the place now.  I bought some sill plates for the 47 Plymouth from the fellow who designed them and had them produced for around $250. So that price is in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

long ago I dealt with Frank in person as he would vend at the local Mopar swap meet that was help near me.  That swap meets are no longer there, Frank long sold the company and has since passed on himself.  Frank was a man of his word and never in my dealing with him was there ever a bad deal or product that was not what it was proclaimed to be.

3 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

long ago I dealt with Frank in person as he would vend at the local Mopar swap meet that was help near me.  That swap meets are no longer there, Frank long sold the company and has since passed on himself.  Frank was a man of his word and never in my dealing with him was there ever a bad deal or product that was not what it was proclaimed to be.

shame for him not being around anymore ?

Now it's "AMS Obsolete - NOS, Used, Aftermarket & Reproduction MOPAR parts"

Mike and Anthony are who I have dealt with... 100% good to deal with.

I actually went ahead with the purchase. Should you be interested I am more than happy to update you on my final review in regard to fit and quality. Obviously, this is only interesting to those owning 1949 to 1952 Plymouth 2 door cars.

Thom