Greatest Barn Find Collection...

T120

If this has been posted before, I missed it. Worth watching if you have the time -some very rare cars including MoPars, complete with dust..

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=barn+find+hunter+episode+46&view=detail&mid=CD0AF40A95F9DED018CACD0AF40A95F9DED018CA&FORM=VIRE

• Thanks 1

True, And I suppose for something to be found, it first has to be lost. LOL

Edited by T120
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, and I would definitely consider all those vehicles an amazing barn find. You can condemn it all you want but I am envious of that man not jealous.  

• Like 1

I did not watch every bit nor listen word for word. I skipped around. From what I saw, I have mixed feelings about all those cars sitting there doing nothing. No person in their lifetime could get through them all to make them somewhat usable. The collection is beyond excessive. I think it makes sense to sell them off and let them be enjoyed by the car enthusiasts around the world.  Let fanatics bring them back to their stock new condition. Let us all see them at car shows around the continent. In the current state they are in, and where they are amassed, what does this bring to the owners? Empowerment? Having a collection full of cars other people covet? Seems somewhat pointless to me. Left long enough, will they become less desirable? I think so. The way the world is going us vintage car owners will be punished and need special licenses to even drive our cars to and from events only.  It's time to get the ball rolling and get those cars rolling ASAP in my opinion.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

definitions from original concept of the phrase to the catch all phrase it is today...all taken from online dictionaries.   Using the term barn find alone adds an $$$$s to the price....

barn-find definition: Noun (plural barn finds) 1. (idiomatic) A valuable item recovered from an undeserving storage, usually in the countryside, where it lay more or less forgotten, especially vintage automobiles

Barn Find (today) can mean anything from the original definition up to and including a rusted out hulk in a pasture. Unfortunately, a Barn Find today has more in common with a car in a junk yard than one in a garage. The real attraction of a Barn Find today seems to be in the hunt and the dreams of what might be.

UD, barn find....Any dirty / dust covered car or vehicle - not necessarily classic, special or remotely desirable - which the owner describes as a 'barn find' to try and up-sell and achieve a higher price than it is worth.

6 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

I did not watch every bit nor listen word for word. I skipped around. From what I saw,  have mixed feelings about all those cars sitting there doing nothing. No person in their lifetime could get through them all to make them somewhat usable. The collection is beyond excessive. I think it makes sense to sell them off and let them be enjoyed by the car enthusiasts of the world.  Let fanatics bring them back to their stock new condition. Let us all see them at car shows around the continent. In the current state they are in, and where they are amassed, what does this bring to the owners? Empowerment? Having a collection full of cars other people covet? Seems somewhat pointless to me. Left long enough, will they become less desirable? I think so. The way the world is going us vintage car owners will be punished and need special licenses to even drive our cars to and from events only.  It's time to get the ball rolling and get those cars rolling ASAP in my opinion.

what is excessive?  who is a collector, who is a hoarder and who mind ya finds enjoyment from ownership.  Joy in ownership does not in any manner dictate that the vehicle will be ever returned to its former glory.  It is my opinion this man is one who just enjoys them as they are, has the means to obtain and even better and more fitting in the long run, protects them from the elements.  Piddles about on them here and there and knows clearly in his mind what each would look like if and when he gets time for them.  If not, he still can view upon them and see in his mind eye what his craftsmanship would produce, I state that these cars and mingling about them keeps him young if only in his heart.   Oh for sure time will catch him one day, the cars will pass to heirs, a few will see them for what they are or take one or two in remembrance of pops..but odds are you will get your wish in that the heirs will sell them off as BARN FINDS to collectors who get not only the steel but the bragging rights of a barn find albeit an estate sale in reality.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

Those cars would be worth a lot more if the tires were not flat.

yes if they were intending on rolling the cars now and keep them in a constant state of shifting parking spaces...else, even new and inflated tires will be a waste of time effort and money.   Roller tires will probably be the best these cars will see for some time to come.   I just broke down a roller tire to clean and reseat the bead on one of my beast.....this one is cycling toward a shift in position..

Okay, so I watched it in 3 sittings; interesting collection; quite a variety but not much in the way of Fords. Seemed he likes 'collector' cars, and doesn't really care to sell them. Quite an assortment of buildings too.... almost all w/dirt floors, some with a side missing, all deep in the woods somewhere in rural N. Carolina. I don't know why he would agree to have them shown; seems he likes to keep to himself. Since almost of them have flat tires, I assume he never does anything w/them. His choice, of course, but, why just collect them, and not drive them, at least once in a while. His wife must be a saint. Wow. ?

• Like 1