Assistance With Parts Clarification - Tie Rod Ends

keithb7

Hi folks, my tie rod ends are a little sloppy so I am going to change them out with new. I found an NOS pair on E-bay. # 1243629. These are LH thread. My 1953-54 parts book shows and confirms that 2 are needed. I also need 2 qty 1315410 RH thread ends. So in total a pair of each.

I have not yet found an NOS pair of the RH threads, so I reached to my Andy Bernbaum parts catalog. They show 4 different part numbers.  Outer right D-143, Outer left D-144. Inner right D-145. Outer right D-146. How is that I wonder? As the OEM parts book show 2 part numbers, a pair of each required. Can anyone able to explain the discrepancy?

I'd like to order a matching pair of RH threads, as per the OEM parts book. I emailed a supplier and I am not convinced they understand. They replied by instructing me to buy an inner right, and an outer right to meet my needs of 2 RH thread ends. I am confident I'll know what goes where when I begin to install them. However I would like to have all 4 in hand before I start the job. I am not clear what I need to order from Bernbaum. Unless of course an NOS pair of 1315410 comes up on e-bay real soon. Thanks for any help in brining some clarity to this.

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

Hi folks, my tie rod ends are a little sloppy so I am going to change them out with new. I found an NOS pair on E-bay. # 1243629. These are LH thread. My 1953-54 parts book shows and confirms that 2 are needed. I also need 2 qty 1315410 RH thread ends. So in total a pair of each.

I have not yet found an NOS pair of the RH threads, so I reached to my Andy Bernbaum parts catalog. They show 4 different part numbers.  Outer right D-143, Outer left D-144. Inner right D-145. Outer right D-146. How is that I wonder? As the OEM parts book show 2 part numbers, a pair of each required. Can anyone able to explain the discrepancy?

I'd like to order a matching pair of RH threads, as per the OEM parts book. I emailed a supplier and I am not convinced they understand. They replied by instructing me to buy an inner right, and an outer right to meet my needs of 2 RH thread ends. I am confident I'll know what goes where when I begin to install them. However I would like to have all 4 in hand before I start the job. I am not clear what I need to order from Bernbaum. Unless of course an NOS pair of 1315410 comes up on e-bay real soon. Thanks for any help in brining some clarity to this.

Andy Bernbaum, or Roberts will supply you with all the correct pieces and you will be supporting American business. Never quite sure what you will get on eBay. I just did mine from Bernbaum's and they were perfect.

When Mention buying on e-bay I am referring to NOS Mopar parts only. Not offshore built will-fit parts. 

I still fail to understand why Bernbaum has 4 different part numbers. 

I just received my tie rod ends from Andys, I ordered the 4 different part numbers  they show. That being said I asked if there were 4 different ends, they said no, only 2, right and left. They shipped them in the same box and at this time, until I take a close look I do not know if there are 4 different ends.   Dave

Well I looked and the ends they sent me are only 2 different types, left and right even though they had 4 part numbers.  Dave