49 P18 Generator wiring question

49 Special Deluxe

most of the EZ retro circuits are set  up for later style charging systems using alternators from the big three and not the generator.  EZ wiring should have a support number for this question.  They are easily found online...your installation instruction manual that came with the wiring kit should also include a tech number for support.   The alt power should go to the batt connector of the regulator and of course the generator will wire normally field to field on regulator and armature to armature also back to the regulator.  You will not use the exciter wire.  Do ensure your have good clean grounds on these components.

• Like 1

PS.....on the D marking.....I normally see this on Lucas components and it is short for DYNAMO (ARMATURE) …..some Bosch will be D for armature, DF for field and of course most use BATT (B+)  for power and Gnd, D-, T or Earth for grounding....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have a bit of a charging problem though. I have a 12 v regulator but I'm not sure how it’s wired to the generator and from the regulator to the battery.

It’s a 12v system and the generator is charging and goes up to 16v.
I have D and F terminals on the generator

54727668_10216068247112452_72516219235729408_n.jpg.aac430aee6e84fd182279551d094b3b2.jpg

Edited by 49 Special Deluxe

10 hours ago, 49 Special Deluxe said:

Hi Plymouthy Adams

Thanks for the picture, is that for a negative earth?

well, look close at the picture........? 

yes.. but that is not an issue when you flip polarity by polarizing the system.  

by appearance you are using a Lucas RB 106 regulator....the internet should have a ton of diagrams and support for troublehooting this particular regulator.  Most of my Lucas is the RB 340 model...

below is just one site reference that may be of help to you....

https://www.mgexp.com/phile/3/191288/REPAIRING_THE_STANDARD_RB106.pdf

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 2