has anyone heard from..

Guys,thanks for the concern.

I have been out of contact because I now have stage 4 lymphatic cancer,and between visiting every doctor and hospital in the western world and the confusion from the chemo and other drugs,my normal state these days is one of confusion and tired.

The good news is that I have lost 30+ lbs so far,and can now bend over again without blacking out. Which would be handy if I could remember why I was bending over.

Taking chemo twice a month for 6 months,and the doc says they can kill it. No guarantees,but they seem confident.

No big surprise since I was medievaced from VN in Dec of 69 with pus-filled sores all over my torso,and a permanent medical profile that got me removed from Special Forces and assigned to a non-SF and non-airborne assignment. I didn't like the regular army any more than the regular army liked me,so like a fool I got out and refused the medical discharge I was offered because I figured I would get better and be able to enlist again. I was wrong.

Anyhow,I now have occasional days when I feel pretty good,and that's about the best than can be said for it other than the fact everybody tells me they can cure me of it.. Looks like it's going to be a long 6 months,though. Being in my 70's probably doesn't help.

One Mopar question. I am having trouble getting in email contact with the Dodge Boys in Montana about a finned aluminum Edgy head I bought for a 251 Mopar flat 6. I received the 230 head I bought the same day a couple of months ago,but not the 251 head. Due to recent medical problems I mostly forgot about it and let it slip through the cracks. Now that I am a little better,I need to find out when/if I am ever going to receive the head.

Anyone else getting any responses from them?

• Like 3

Keep the faith, brother… You have projects waiting for your attention. Looking forward to reading your opinions and helpful maintenance advice for the old vehicles in the years to come... 

I did chemo once a week for 37 weeks. My treatment was every Wednesday and every Friday after the treatment I spent the entire day in bed so I know what you are going through. Sorry you lost the medical discharge. I am 100% disabled due to agent orange so all of my treatments are paid for by the veterans administration. The good news is I feel much better now but I still go in for follow up exams every week. 

• Like 2

Oh crap!  Hate hearing about members having Heath problems.  Best wishes for you and yours.  This stuff is hard on families too. 

I had a stent blow out back in October.  Doc said it was probably due to age of the implant.  Great got three more that are only three years younger.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:58 PM, Don Coatney said:

I did chemo once a week for 37 weeks. My treatment was every Wednesday and every Friday after the treatment I spent the entire day in bed so I know what you are going through. Sorry you lost the medical discharge. I am 100% disabled due to agent orange so all of my treatments are paid for by the veterans administration. The good news is I feel much better now but I still go in for follow up exams every week. 

I am only rated at 30 percent due to Agent Orange,which is weird since I worked running recon and various other missions along the Ho Chi Mimh Trail  in 68 and 69,and was medevaced for the symptoms of Agent Orange in Nov of 69. Had huge infected sores all over my torso,and was put on a permanent physical profile that kept me from wearing a parachute harness or deploying on any more missions,which meant I had to leave Special Forces and serve out my last 6 months in the regular army. I could have re-enlisted and was even offered a promotion if I did,but I didn't care for spending the rest of my career as a babysitter for a bunch of privates being held against their will,so I got out.

The VA turned me down on paying for my heart surgery and pacemaker,claiming I should have gotten permission in advance or had the surgery done at a VA hospital. Which is kinda hard to do when you are in the ER when they discover the problem,and they send you right up to surgery to try to keep you living.

So far I haven't heard a whisper from them about the Lymphatic Cancer surgeries and treatment,but it's only been a couple of months,and that it the blink of an eye in time for the VA. After all,the bills aren't piling up on THEIR desks at home. Still,I don't see how they can avoid paying for it since time was of the essence and Lymphatic cancer is directly related to Agent Orange exposure.

On 3/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, P15-D24 said:

Keep on fighting and get well soon! You near Greenville? 

East of Greenville. Coinjock.

Edited by knuckleharley