Gas filter

jgreg53

Tried to take my p15 out for a spin. Started stalling and died. Pushed it and pumped the clutch to get it running. I had ran the battery down.  Should the fuel filter be full of gas as the car is running. I have a little gas in the pump side of the filter. I rebuilt the pump a couple years ago with a kit that was supposed to be impervious to ethinal. I have a new tank and fuel lines.

Disconnect the line between the filter and carb, pull wire off of the coil and crank it....no gas reconnect and disconnect line between pump and filter and crank it over. if you get gas it is the filter, no gas it could be pump, blocked line or blocked oil lite filter in tank.

edit if you have fuel coming out of the filter, check the needle valve coming into the carb for debris.

Edited by Frank Elder

You talking about a inline see through filter??

Before or after the mechanical pump?

Or see through glass bowl types, again before after pump?

Most inline type plastic filters never get really full based on my experience only.

DJ

I dunno .... after the fuel pump, I have 2 glass bowls, they are both full yet I do not have fuel flow.

I added a clear plastic  filter in front of the fuel pump, It is always shown  empty and can see good flow if you look at the ends of the filter while the truck is running.

Point is, the clear glass bowls are more for filter and does not tell you what type of fuel flow you have.

I actually expected the clear filter in front of the fuel pump to be full of gas and show me the flow.

Just does not work that way.

I do see fuel passing through quickly and not filling the plastic filter.