My chrysler is getting a sister!

Ajgkirkwood

I need to learn to stay off kijiji but I think I found a gem. I felt bad for her out in the cold.

It's a 1942 dodge 4dr.

Unfortunately she has no known owner, a stray so to speak. Need to get hold of an ownership.

I'll be picking it up Saturday and will be able to get a better look at everything and what's with it

1552021025531110.jpg

155202102710612.jpg

1552021026711577.jpg

1552021025933849.jpg

1552021026309912.jpg

• Like 3

If it is an 1942 it would be very rare. It have an Ontario plate on the car? If so, you can take the VIN and $20 to Service Ontario and ask for the seller's package, that will list the current and previous owners back to the 70's or so

Nice!! I really wish there were "findable" treasures like that where I live but with such a small overall population (less than half a million) alot of the hidden gems have been scooped up.  It would Be nice if you can a get a registration and get it  moved into project status. good luck

21 hours ago, Ajgkirkwood said:

Yea I'm gonna get a buyer's package hopefully. But can I get the ownership from service ontario? Apply for a lost ownership hopefully

The buyers package will list the current owner and their community. Service Ontario will only issue a replacement registration to that person or their survivors with proper documentation.

If the car has not been registered on the road since computor records, maybe your great uncle willed it to you.

Well the guy who owned it before I think was gonna rat rod it... there's patches I need to remove to address and make nice. Looks like the black paint was rolled on over the body and trim . No interior. I cant afford a full on restoration. Maybe I could make it a custom or gasser.... unless that's something I really should not do

2 minutes ago, 1949 Wraith said:

The buyers package will list the current owner and their community. Service Ontario will only issue a replacement registration to that person or their survivors with proper documentation.

If the car has not been registered on the road since computor records, maybe your great uncle willed it to you.

This great uncle willed to me thing? How does this work? Sounds like a loophole I should know about

1 hour ago, Ajgkirkwood said:

Well the guy who owned it before I think was gonna rat rod it... there's patches I need to remove to address and make nice. Looks like the black paint was rolled on over the body and trim . No interior. I cant afford a full on restoration. Maybe I could make it a custom or gasser.... unless that's something I really should not do

I wish I could help you Sir, you have to follow your heart.....not mine:)

45 minutes ago, Frank Elder said:

I wish I could help you Sir, you have to follow your heart.....not mine:)

My wife just said she would rather it be to original. Cant afford to do a restore but make it a clean ride, maybe lowered a bit. If I can get hold of another flathead

40 minutes ago, Ajgkirkwood said:

My wife just said she would rather it be to original. Cant afford to do a restore but make it a clean ride, maybe lowered a bit. If I can get hold of another flathead

For what is worth maybe you should find a Purist with a little deeper pockets than you and use that money to buy something a little less rare and restore or rod that car.

You know I've never even seen what a 42 plodge grille looks like I bet one of those would cost dearly.

Good luck AJ.

9 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

For what is worth maybe you should find a Purist with a little deeper pockets than you and use that money to buy something a little less rare and restore or rod that car.

You know I've never even seen what a 42 plodge grille looks like I bet one of those would cost dearly.

Good luck AJ.

I understand that and respect that.  I guess if someone came around wanting to buy it to restore. Thing is I can't really post it for profit. And most people around here would do the same thing I'm doing cause most people around here dont have these cars and on this forum. Plus I dont think I'll get as good of a car next time for what I paid. I got nos fenders with it which are shown on the car. The original fenders too. All fenders are over all good shape. Floor and frame is over all good. Same for the body, lower areas like rockets need work. I think I have most of the trim (I know I'm missing a bumper) rad looks good. Inner fenders are good. Dash is there, windows are good. The enamel badges look nice

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ajgkirkwood said:

Well first thing would get it solid :) I think it will go 318 unless I can find a flathead for cheap. Or atlest a 25" block crank! I got a torn down 251ci sitting here. Crank wasn't good. Block looks good. Got the block and internals for 150 canadian

Before you spend to much on the new car see if you can register it in your name. If not, it is just lawn art or a parts vehicle.

1 hour ago, 1949 Wraith said:

Before you spend to much on the new car see if you can register it in your name. If not, it is just lawn art or a parts vehicle.

well that would be the first thing to do first, that will tell me if its gonna be on the road or parts, hopefully the first option