Rubber in the front and carpet in the back?

saiers

I own a 56 Dodge which has rubber floor covering in the front and carpet in the back and now my D25 only has rubber in the front ad nothing in the back (with the exception of carpeted foot rests).

A collector friend has a couple survivor mid-40's Dodge/Plymouth's and they also have a combo like this.

Was it a factory option to have a combo like this?

My various P15 Plymouths over the years have had rubber mat with horsehair type carpet in the rear.  Several years ago I bought a n o s front mat....it was ok for a while, then it began splitting due to age.  So I now have matching carpets front & rear.   I also replaced the missing rubber trunk mat with that carpet, which is a darkish red.  Goes with my interior.  A person could use black carpet to more closely resemble the rubber.  I think there is some roll rubber material available at Lowes and probably other places.

• Like 1

My 1948 Dodge D25 club coupe  has  a rubber mat on the front floor and carpet in the rear, also a rubber mat on the trunk floor..

Okay great. Thanks for the confirmation. Do any of you know where to get repro carpet?

Bill Hirsch, 390 Littleton Avenue., Newark NJ 07103

Phone: 973-642-2404. Ask for Frank he will send you samples, or go on line.

Bill passed away recently. They supply Packard stuff, however, the Hogs Hair Carpet is also available.

The rubber Mats come on Ebay from time to time but are usually the pricing is pretty doggonned proud for the Mats.

Carpet Sets made to exact fits on Ebay is also available from at Newark Auto Products in East Orange New Jersey 973-677-9935 also for about $140 - $180 the set

Tom

Edited by Tom Skinner
more info

Saiers,

Ebay 1946 1947 1948 PLYMOUTH FRONT FLOOR MAT MOPAR RUBBER PLIABLE SPECIAL DELUXE P15. 

Mopar Pro is selling for $589. There is another from the same seller Listed as 1848 Chrysler Mat for $399.

These are the only ones I have seen on ebay in over a year of searching.

Opportunity knocks!

Tom

Thanks for all the info, folks. I still have rather nice rubber in the front.. I will look into hogs hair carpet mentioned. I'd like whatever I get to match the original foot rests.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, Tom Skinner said:

Bill passed away recently.

Crap!  I did not know this.  I have done business with Bill since I was a kid.  Getting old just sucks!

My 1949 Desoto CV came with a rubber front and hogs hair rear. I used Bill's black hogs hair for the whole thing. Never have need a '49 Desoto factory rubber matt. I have an eBay search keeping and eye out...but nothing.

Edited by James_Douglas