Last big decision

garyp

Just waiting for the seat and door panels to come back from upolstry guy and have got the stainless pieces removed from dash and am polishing and painting them now my problem is the dash itself it is the greyish woodgrain and does not match the car now that it is painted the air maroon color the interior is a light tan color pretty close to original and I took the window and windshield trim pieces and stripped them and polished them until they look like chrome also did the door trim like that . What would be the best color to do the dash in and can it be done while still in the car I really don't want to take the dash out at this time or would a dark woodgrain peel and stick type product work just as well. Thanks in advance as always.  

36 minutes ago, garyp said:

Just waiting for the seat and door panels to come back from upolstry guy and have got the stainless pieces removed from dash and am polishing and painting them now my problem is the dash itself it is the greyish woodgrain and does not match the car now that it is painted the air maroon color the interior is a light tan color pretty close to original and I took the window and windshield trim pieces and stripped them and polished them until they look like chrome also did the door trim like that . What would be the best color to do the dash in and can it be done while still in the car I really don't want to take the dash out at this time or would a dark woodgrain peel and stick type product work just as well. Thanks in advance as always.  

Have you tried going over the dash wood grain with a light polishing compound and or wax ?  Might take off the outer layer like they do to restore paintings.

Dale I tried that but all of the paint comes off and not the woodgrain part it would be pretty easy to take the paint off and polish the metal it would look just like chrome but I am afraid it would be too much chrome and look too gaudy but the old paint needs to come off anyway. I am just not sure. Rich I will give you a call in the AM thanks.