TP23 Specs Question

Hi All,  Im new to this site and have just begun a restoration project on my Grandfather's old 1936 Dodge Pickup.  My plan is to rebuild a 230 flathead to replace the old 201.  I have been looking for a late version in order to get the latest and greatest factory mods on the engine.  I have found a 1960 D100 230 with a TP23 engine.  Can anyone tell me some of the details that I might find inside?  What is the compression?  Should I expect to find replaceable hardened valve seats?  Should I expect to find sleeves in the bores?  Any other details that I should know?

Thanks

Bob

AKA 1936Forepoint

Suggest checking these other sites for the info you want. Will hopefully attach.

Has the motor been rebuilt, probably not but only way to really know is to remove the head and clean off the top of one piston to the look for a stamped on top of say 0.30 or higher.

also,  Remove one rod cap and main bearing cap to see if the bearings have a oversize # on them. # , if any -Will be on the back side of them.

DJ

Flat Head Engines Plymouth-Dodge-DeSoto-Chrysler Six and Eight.html

Flathead Six Engine Numbers.html