Sway bar removal

ThriftyT

Yep they are removable, the sway bar link bolts onto the spindle on the opposite side of the lower shock mount, the sway bar just inserts into a hole in the top of the link and is encased in rubber.....so , undo the lower link nut on the opposite end of the lower shock mount and then give the link a "wiggle"....maybe squirt some WD40 in the hole where the end of the sway bar inserts..........always good to lubricate a hole before wiggling...........err......wrong forum..........lol..............don't worry, it had me curious how the thing came apart originally tho' I must admit that was 45yrs ago when I 1st disassembled the Dodges front end.......and there are 4 listings on US ebay under "1940 mopar sway bar links" as I speak....err, type.........lol..regards from Oz...........andyd 

Thats odd.......the 41 Plymouth didn't have a sway bar when I got it so I got one which is the same setup from a 1940 Plymouth but it had no links and I bought them on US ebay and when they came I just inserted them onto the sway bar ends and bolted the lot onto the car......at least thats what I remember doing tho' to be fair it was about 10 yrs ago.........lol.........nah, thats what I did...........andyd

Earlier sway bar links can be disconnected from the bar only by grinding off the rolled edge at the top. Later ones (shown) have top lid secured by a cotter pin, and those can be disassembled. 

Sway bar link.jpg