Plodge Bumpers.. What is compatible?

saiers

I need both a front and rear bumper for a Canadian 1947 Dodge.

I was told US Plymouth worked, but sure enough the rear bumper I bought from a US Plymouth does not work.

Does anyone know with certainty which bumpers would be compatible with my car?

5 hours ago, saiers said:

I was told US Plymouth worked, but sure enough the rear bumper I bought from a US Plymouth does not work.

Does the bumper look like this 49....one year only......

59777395-770-0@2X.jpg

?do=download

Hi Frank,

No, it looks like the other pictures posted. I bought a rear bumper from a 46-48 Plymouth US model from a guy on eBay and it doesn't fit the brackets of my car as the bumper doesn't curve nearly as much as the ones pictured here (as mine should be). 

Here is a picture of what I need.. which looks the same as a front bumper if I'm not mistaken?

ebay147452056565023.jpg

Why don't you post some good pictures from different angles of your bumper, the front and rear on my 47 dodge are the same except for the fluid drive script on the rear bumper but a different shape than the d-25 bumper.

1947-Dodge-Business-Coupe-1-e15032457843

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH0DAcqyc6wefoezI-tlu See the ribs it isn't smooth like the D-25/P-15 bumpers

1947-dodge-3-window-coupe-kustom-hot-rod

Edited by Frank Elder

34 minutes ago, DonaldSmith said:

The Dodge in Post No 5 is not a Plodge.  No sharp Vee in the grille, no creases under the headlights.

Maybe Saiers' Dodge shares the Dodge-Desoto-Chrysler body and is not Plymouth-based.  Mother Mopar sold both varieties in Canada.

I'n well aware that a D-24 is not a D-25 Donald, I was trying to see if someone sold him the wrong bumper, I never claimed those were D-25s in my post....in fact if you reread the post it clearly states that the pictures  are not D-25/P-15 bumpers. If you look at his avatar it is a D-25 not a D-24.

Mine has the simple bumpers, like the US Plymouth, but the US Plymouth bumper I bought bolts up differently and doesn't curve around the sides nearly as much as what I need.

My car does have a grill that comes to a sharp V in the middle.

2 hours ago, saiers said:

Mine has the simple bumpers, like the US Plymouth, but the US Plymouth bumper I bought bolts up differently and doesn't curve around the sides nearly as much as what I need.

My car does have a grill that comes to a sharp V in the middle.

I'm guessing you can't or don't know how to post pictures of your ill fitting bumper, until you do we can't help you without a ton of guessing and speculation.

I can take pictures when I get to the car which is in the shop as they were installing the tires.

Edited by saiers

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, saiers said:

I have a 1948 Dodge D25 .I've scanned a page from the  Canadian Chrysler Passenger Car Parts List 1940-1948 . The part numbers you need for the rear bumper are at the bottom of this page, ( my 1948 Dodge falls within those listed in Note "A"). The  Canadian Dodge D25 and Plymouth P15 share the same part numbers .The U.S. Plymouth P15 uses different part numbers for the bumpers.The part number for the front bumper face bar is 1118319 and is the same for both the Canadian Plymouth P15 and the Canadian Dodge D25.

1432978173_DodgeD25RearBumperpartnumbers.png.7fd84811b8a41bdcf04800be212b02b4.png1787012561_My1948DodgeD25.jpg.c500ff0440032c3215f63c37a1293320.jpg

Edited by T120

No, it's definitely different. It is the simple Plymouth style, but doesn't curve around the sides nearly as much as the Canadian one does. I am getting to the car tomorrow and will snap a couple of pictures to show the differences. I've tracked a Canadian rear bumper now and am on the look out for a front. It does look as though the US and Canadian Plymouth front bumpers are the same.

On 3/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, T120 said:

I have a 1948 Dodge D25 .I've scanned a page from the  Canadian Chrysler Passenger Car Parts List 1940-1948 . The part numbers you need for the rear bumper are at the bottom of this page, ( my 1948 Dodge falls within those listed in Note "A"). The  Canadian Dodge D25 and Plymouth P15 share the same part numbers .The U.S. Plymouth P15 uses different part numbers for the bumpers.The part number for the front bumper face bar is 1118319 and is the same for both the Canadian Plymouth P15 and the Canadian Dodge D25.

1432978173_DodgeD25RearBumperpartnumbers.png.7fd84811b8a41bdcf04800be212b02b4.png1787012561_My1948DodgeD25.jpg.c500ff0440032c3215f63c37a1293320.jpg

Helpful info. Thank you!

• Like 1

The rear bumper on that black coupe looks odd to me......it seems to stand out from the body further than others and is notably longer (larger) than other P15s....

wrapping around the fender further.

Maybe the company used an odd bumper for a period of time back then.  

As far as the brackets.....you would need to change brackets to install another shorter version of the bumper.

A 47 Dodge owned by another Canadian.........bumper same as a P15 Plymouth.....????.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/8495487986/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/8495487344/in/photostream/

Edited by BobT-47P15

Compare the top US Plymouth bumper to the bumper on the car you linked to.. not the same. The red car is the style I purchased incorrectly and the blue one is like what I need.

1947Plymouth_02_700.jpg

8495487344_d66dc1ae37_z.jpg