1941 Plymouth steering wheel adapter

John S

Very nice 41,

The only way to adapt a different wheel is to get a trashed Mopar wheel that fits the splines on your steering shaft, and cut out the center and use it to make an adapter to mount your aftermarket wheel.  Don't think anyone has ever made a commercial adapter  for a Mopar steering shaft.   If you go with a smaller steering wheel and keep the stock steering box, it may be difficult to park or do any slow. tight turns.  You may wind up going back to the stock wheel.  if you're converting to something like a rack and pinion, everything will change, including the shaft, so you may not need to make the adapter.  

brian b

My mind is reeling for a response, Don't do anything! Are you in Sweden? Build a rat rod with your parts. Leave the car alone and drive it a bit, anyway, before you ruin it. I'll stop, NOW. 

Edited by 9 foot box
Less of a rant.
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:07 AM, 9 foot box said:

My mind is reeling for a response, Don't do anything! Are you in Sweden? Build a rat rod with your parts. Leave the car alone and drive it a bit, anyway, before you ruin it. I'll stop, NOW. 

I dont like rat-rods, they suck. But i do like hot-rods and customs.

My 41 will be built as i want it with a 318/904 and its already on its way.

Yes, im in Sweden.

Edited by John S
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...