Dodge Route Van

BigDaddyO

There's a 1 ton (DU) and 1-1/2 ton (EU) model... I think both pretty beefy vans.

At least one person here has one ...I think a EU model

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

In 1959, I was in the sixth grade, my friends father had a dairy delivery route. Once in a while we got a ride in his van, to get to school. He was alright to let me stand at the passenger side, as long as I held on. His kid, Paul, was behind him. Good memories.  I've thought a few times of contacting a few old dairy's that were around here, and see if any vans are still around. We'll see.

I agree Dodgeb4ya...there's someone who was building one and was planning on showing up to the Clements BBQ.

I'll have to go back to and old BBQ thread and see what happened....maybe he had to sell the truck?

Built is so well he hit the road and never turned back? Lost it on a bet? We may never know..... 

48D

• Like 1

The DU Route Van third member unit is identical to the PH 8.75” 1 ton third member. They came with 4.89, 4.30 and 3.91 ratios. The EU Route Van third member is the same as the 9&5/8” third member found in the WDX and later model PW’s up to the WM-300. The military M-37 also used this third member. Ratios for the EU Route Van were 4.89 and 5.83. People claim that the EU third member could be ordered with a 4.30 ratio, but I have looked at the parts book and have never seen the 4.30 listed. Perhaps it could have been a special order type deal, but I doubt it. Vintage Power Wagons has had some 4.30 ratio sets made up for the 9&5/8” third member. 

3 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

I agree Dodgeb4ya...there's someone who was building one and was planning on showing up to the Clements BBQ.

I'll have to go back to and old BBQ thread and see what happened....maybe he had to sell the truck?

Built is so well he hit the road and never turned back? Lost it on a bet? We may never know..... 

48D

this one?

You got us there Brent...there was two folks with them.

I saw the yellow one at BTT50's in 2016

1356657275_brentphone2016125.JPG.cdc8e106a130a911a2c59b10aa3d116b.JPG209769996_brentphone2016126.JPG.300ff07a0b6c90f1be88ef35f20332ed.JPG

LOL, I had to travel 1742 miles to see what was originally from Oregon

"wish I would have known then what I know now" :)

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 12:53 PM, Brent B3B said:

I saw the yellow one at BTT50's in 2016

1356657275_brentphone2016125.JPG.cdc8e106a130a911a2c59b10aa3d116b.JPG209769996_brentphone2016126.JPG.300ff07a0b6c90f1be88ef35f20332ed.JPG

LOL, I had to travel 1742 miles to see what was originally from Oregon

"wish I would have known then what I know now" :)

this is Joe's van...he posts here RARELY

So cool to see a nice restored stock or mostly so.Route Van .

Have not seen that in a long time. Thanks for posting.

1 hour ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

So cool to see a nice restored stock or mostly so.Route Van .

Have not seen that in a long time. Thanks for posting.

LOL I see it 1 to 2 times every year!  Kinda "normal" for me to see one.