Need help 37 dodge motor swap

Gmcrucker

A family member has a 48 plymouth and put a hole in the block.  I sourced another 218 believing they were all very similar in early years.  I found long bock from 37 dodge truck. He had local shop rebuild it.  Now the shop is saying nothing swaps over.  I have since found some info about longer head lengths.  The original distributor was lenthed to fit the 37 block.  I'm trying to identify this 37 engine to source intake,exhaust manifold, and correct distributor. T58 stamped on the block.  With 25 inch head lenth. I've only been able to identify its from 37 dodge truck. Any info on head lenths with these flat sixes, or swap info would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, plenty of differing displacements as well as the 23" vs the 25" lengths. Add a little confusion with a couple of the same displacements in both...

This is a reasonably complete listing:

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/otherengines/otherengines.php

If you choose to install a 25" engine in your car you will need to talk with Don Coatney.

Edited by wayfarer
  • Like 1