1954 Dodge PU Front Brake Upgrade

I am looking to upgrade my front brakes to Disc, I have looked at the kits from the Ram Man, Scarebird and AAJ, I want to keep the master cylinder under the floorboard with the original pedal setup.

I am upgrading the complete rear end to an early 1970's 8 3/4 with the factory Drum brake setup.

Any members done this (under floorboard) setup with these kits, I did see the frame mounting plate from Scarebird that should help with keeping the MC in the original position.

Ram Man says that there MC is for mounting on the firewall - although it is probably possible to fab the mounting for under the floorboard. AAJ has not gotten back to me yet.

Any feedback on either of these kits? 

Thanks

Steve R

TSM MFG front disc brake kit and XJ Cherokee MC under the floor with a homemade mounting plate.  Works perfectly.  I wish the MC didn't have a plastic reservoir as it looks a little out of place but it fits in the limited space I have down there behind the steering box.

Not sure about your C series truck as I haven't looked at them closely, but I suspect the situation is similar.

The Cherokee M/C doesnt work with a C series. You need the flat master cylinder style piston. Instead of the one with the rod sticking out of it like the Cherokee... I tried it a few years back and then bought the Corvette style from Speedway. You can even pick different piston sizes.

IMG_2427.JPG.9b1338637eb8790593133a34bc891b8b.JPG

Edited by 59bisquik

I’m currently doing my front disc brake set using a  scarebird kit with a ECI master cylinder bracket kit , bolts in the same location as the original master cylinder on the floor , I’m retaining my stock rear drum setup with the upgraded disc front ,when I called to order they were very helpful to be sure to send me the correct master cylinder.  I would contact them to see if they have something for you PU. http://ecihotrodbrakes.com/chrysler_master_assemblies.html

B4ED689C-7BD8-434A-AA4D-783896CEDCDC

9F301BE7-F0FE-49B9-9FA9-7E4E1C885F4E434635C2-6F06-4F8C-B372-2CEE1A85DE1D

Edited by 46windsir