truck cover

frankendodge

I too have though about one for my FB 4 tonner. cab only of course.

I would think PU trucks are fairly close in size and design?

I have California Car Covers on some of my cars and they were great for some custom fitting.

I would have them make one if I go ahead.

1 hour ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

I too have though about one for my FB 4 tonner. cab only of course.

I would think PU trucks are fairly close in size and design?

I have California Car Covers on some of my cars and they were great for some custom fitting.

I would have them make one if I go ahead.

I'd be interested if you do have one made.... then I could put hay back in my barn and get a couple more cows. LOL

The black plastic sitting on the paint, traps the moisture and peals the 67 year old paint.  ?

• Like 2

You have your own cattle ranch Brent?......? How many head?

I had one from California Car Covers that fit pretty good. I only wished that it had mirror pockets. After a few years of use it got a couple of rips in it. One from the hood ornament poking through the front. I ordered a replacement and asked for extra material to reinforce that spot. I also asked for extra material to make mirror pockets. They gladly accommodated me, and even offered that they would sew in mirror pockets if I marked it out and sent it back to them. I never got around to doing that, and now it has an indoor living space, so I don’t use it anymore. 

I would highly recommend California Car Covers. 

8 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

You have your own cattle ranch Brent?......? How many head?

LOL, No no, just a hobby. We get a couple dairy bull caves for about 18 -24 months every couple years....

Two years ago Julie told me Trucks OR cows... but I think I can do both. 

(The trucks will always out number the cows)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I have a BUDD cover and I like it for FEF.

Must be Budge Car Covers?

I looked through their site ..no Dodge trucks for 1951, 52, 53 listed..

Pictures of your truck cover?

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Maybe its BUDGE...dunno....name on the front and I ignore it!  :P

23031243_964656023688402_5384289393345599791_n.jpg.137b8a81b0c912c9309ee59a359649c7.jpg

Best I can do for now.  It's a generic truck cover, not specific to the B series trucks.

11151032_10153353728216004_7907177066527554595_n.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Mark...I've never seen a PU under a cover!

I'd like to do just a nice fit cab cover only as there is no need to cover a flatbed.

I was going through some pictures in my computer and found this one. Not the best to show overall fit. I think I took this to show CCC why it needed mirror pockets. You can sort of see in the picture how it fits the cab rather well.

I used this in the summer months because it would sit in my driveway, so I could get my motorcycle in and out of the garage easier. Now that I have moved, and have a larger garage, it gets to stay inside now.

IMG_0372.JPG.ece390fdc99b2494950a37907fb9ae61.JPG

I cut up a couple tennis balls and screwed them to pieces of dowel that I would slide into the top bed roll to soften the corners at the back. And that held well, but after about 3 summers of use the hood ornament started to poke through. This is why I wanted to reinforce that area.

IMG_0371.JPG.68470f28bedb1d45454939529211bb6e.JPG

• Like 2

I just use an old, thick, blanket - type cotton cover that I used to use on a '50's sedan. It drapes like a blanket, keeps the dust off, and is easy to toss into the bed. In fact, I hide the tool box under it while at Cars & Coffee so no one goes into the cab to steal that. ???