'47' rear bench, storage drawer done

kendall

I'm about 90% complete on a removable jump-seat/ storage box for my surf-theme '47'. The bench is made of recycled oak flooring over a modified a.t.v. rear seat frame. The red ribbing matches my cab floor. The seat-back is a skateboard deck covered in my interior upholstery. The box is fabbed out of a 4' x 4' sheet of marine 'Starboard' and covered with my leftover headliner. I ordered steam-trunk hardware online to disguise it. I've been tapping rivets with my little hammer like a shoe cobbler in my kitchen all evening. Finally a lockable space for my jack, jump starter, tools and toys. Box is 32"w. x 22" d. x 12" h. This set-up could work in any truck bed and the seat could be 'hung' from the side bedwalls minus my subframe as well.

IMG_8683.jpg

IMG_8963 (1).jpg

IMG_8976.jpg

IMG_8977.jpg

IMG_8982.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_9028.jpg.315f6f32eb797d858bf58ac8b5c47488.jpg                                                                                               Here is the modified a.t.v. frame painted to match the truck's color. The legs were moved outward for space for a larger drawer. The earlier holes are seen plugged but not yet varnished.IMG_9024.jpg.a0f3c6203e3568113018202608fbfede.jpgThe skateboard wheels allow the setback to fold flat.IMG_9030.jpg.218254049c6a588ab56ad33b84c48625.jpgThe trunk is really a lockable drawer.                                            I made certain that the setback didn't interfere with the rear window radius. That established o.a. height.                                                                            All the finishes carry over from the cab interior.IMG_9033.jpg.5ccba53ea49a49ea821989db4074b96e.jpg

Just when I think the job's done, I'm reminded of what a fellow prison inmate, dude's name was Martha by the way, screamed at everyone on my cellblock, "ACCESSORIZE, BITCHES!"

IMG_6179.jpg.ec8d2db9d9638adde0049d209997f362.jpgIMG_6067.jpg.05366c6a736e90f674d18c7ccaf6f707.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Haha Kendall you’re crazy as hell but if you have the space to park that thing inside to keep it nice and the patience to wait for a nice day to

cruise it then it looks like you can stop anywhere and relax in the coolest tiki surf shack around!

I really like the red striped wood and the glass floor. 

Pretty....Soft and cushy looking truck.

Good eye, Radar. I bought the Heritage Springer Softtail new in '98'. I decided to go 'VL' with it. Xzotic knuckle rocker boxes, I inverted the fender struts and frenched the taillight. H.D. surface mounted and spot welded them back in 1932. I ordered the Dodge wire wheels from the same wheel smith as the bike's, only 19 years later. 

IMG_9056.jpg

IMG_8052.jpg

I saw your truck in another thread before you added the rear bench. It is wild and extreme with great workmanship on both the truck and the bike.

Seems we have similar taste in vehicles also. I have the 47WC in my avatar and purchased the only new bike I ever owned a 1998 Heritage Springer on August 21, 1997. The next 4 months I spent on Hutchinson Island, FL and my spokes along with some chrome parts started peeling like bananas. Not sure if you have had any problems with salt and corrosion living in Florida?