Fuel Line Routing Question

Jocko_51_B3B

The fuel inlet fitting on my fuel pump is fully tightened. The way it finally seated causes the fuel line hose to point forward. This makes me think that the gas line to the tank should be routed from the hose along the front-most cross member (the cross member that supports the front of the engine) and then back along the driver side of the frame until it reaches the tank. Is this the normal route for the line? Is there a better way? Does it really matter how the gas gets from A to B?

20190214_122627_resized.jpg.b20655a77350e3c4034d0911b27a7091.jpg

Think Department Of Transportation (almost everyone is under the watchful eye) approved fuel line material. Charlie Stephenson

5 hours ago, Jocko_51_B3B said:

This makes me think that the gas line to the tank should be routed from the hose along the front-most cross member (the cross member that supports the front of the engine) and then back along the driver side of the frame until it reaches the tank. Is this the normal route for the line? Is there a better way? Does it really matter how the gas gets from A to B?

Hi Glen, this is how I ran my B3B

1439338537_starterarm.JPG.c82a4f880d5938c4f558a911d0012dcc.JPG

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Charlie,

You mentioned the DOT. Are you referring to CuNi tubing being used for fuel line? From what I've read, CuNi line can be used for both fuel and brake lines. Since CuNi is used for brakes, pressure isn't an issue and since CuNi doesn't corrode it's better than steel in that respect.  CuNi is easy to form and double flare. If there is some other problem with CuNi, I haven't heard of it.

Edited by Jocko_51_B3B