Life Changers

Don Coatney

• 2 weeks later...

wow, I am sorry we missed this news back on the 14th (almost two weeks ago) Don.

speedy recovery......  

thanks for bringing it back to the top Dodgeed 

Hey Don, Sorry to hear you are under the weather,I also missed the post on February 14th.... Although I may have a couple of years on you ,Don - You are one of my heroes  . I have always  enjoyed reading your many replies to enquiries for information  on this forum, and although  on occasion, your replies maybe perhaps been a little abrupt … (Paraphrasing)….I been there and I done that, here are the photos - Always very helpful indeed. Thank you. Don.    Ralph

I was just about to ask around about you Don...I too thought something might have happened.

I wish you the best...get well Don...we all need you and your great advice.

Don,  Im really sorry I didn't respond sooner. I somehow missed your post after you made it. I hope that you are feeling better and that you make a fast and complete recovery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

John 

9 hours ago, P15-D24 said:

Really sorry to hear the news.  Now get back to working on your recovery! 

Not sure if complete recovery is possible. My left leg is almost useless so I am going for occupational therapy next week. I am also going for speech therapy soon although my wife tells me I do quite well at cussing. They say I had a blood clot in my brain so they did an MRI on my brain but not surprising they found nothing.

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear Don. 

My Grandpa is going through the same thing right now.  Although he had one of his carotid arteries  blocked back in May, he just recently had a series of mini strokes just the other day.  If you keep fighting, you might regain some of the lost functions back.  Keep challenging your left side.   

9 hours ago, Don Coatney said:

Not sure if complete recovery is possible. My left leg is almost useless so I am going for occupational therapy next week. I am also going for speech therapy soon although my wife tells me I do quite well at cussing. They say I had a blood clot in my brain so they did an MRI on my brain but not surprising they found nothing.

Well, at least you kept a sense of humor. Try to keep the 'ole chin up! ?

So, you had to have your head examined, but they found nothing? 

I was saying the same thing about myself, a year or so ago.  I had some transient event, where I could not think of the words for going into the next room and getting the tool tote. Funny how the mind thinks in words.  I got off lightly, with only an occasional wrong word, like classic cars being "erotic", insted of "exotic".

So, hang in there.  Glad to see you're posting.  Keep up that sense of humor.  God has a sense of humor.  He created us, didn't he?   

Edited by DonaldSmith
typo

On 2/28/2019 at 8:55 PM, Don Coatney said:

Let me say this about that. About 12 years ago I had a serious septic arthritic infection and almost died.  I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and inpatient therapy for 2 more weeks and then a 6 week period of home PT. At the start I could not walk  or raise my right arm at the shoulder. By the time I was done with therapy  I was walking unaided and was within a couple of weeks able to lift my arm and actually do something with it while it was up there. I admit that I never became as good as I was before the illness but was well enough to return to work at a very physical job(Commercial Printing) and stay for 4 more years. So as I said, don't give up. 

Edited by plymouthcranbrook
Bad keyboard
  • Thanks 1