Cuba’s Vintage American Taxis

bones44

Cars there don't rust... they are just some type of Bondo...and lots of the cars run on diesel.

• Haha 1

interesting bit of info but I still cannot see how on an island in the middle of salt environment, constant washing in of storms and surge tides....how can they can not suffer rust.....I will give you the fact that they may take some preventative steps....but even prevention is not a cure all....amazing is all I can say....

Personally , I have no desire to visit Cuba...The vintage cars that are  displayed on the streets of Havana in travel ads  may be an attraction for some...  and while I am not a" purist" , from what I gather, the cars pictured in the travel ads, up close would for the most part maybe rank a  "two" dressed up as a "ten"....I could be wrong.  As  I mentioned -   I won't  be making the trip to gather facts to  back up my impressions...?

• Like 1

There have been several posts that show the amazing number and variety of '50's vehicles there, and you really need to look closely to determine which are survivors and which are held together w/wire and bondo and Russian drive trains, etc. I haven't been there, but would be interested in going if the opportunity arises. ?

• Like 1