GG40Dsoto

Rich, I resent the email.

It didn't like the D to be capitalized.

Welcome to the forum!!!! My '48 Plymouth was my Dad's. I have been working on it for nearly 2 years and still think of him every time I walk into the garage. Best of luck through the process. You have an outstanding start. Very Solid car!!!

• Thanks 1

Good eye. Yes the roof is dented, sometime during its life a limb fell on it before it was placed in the barn.

I feel confident I could remove the headliner and push out 90% of it. That's the worst spot on the entire body

Edited by GG40Dsoto

On 2/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, GG40Dsoto said:

Good eye. Yes the roof is dented, sometime during its life a limb fell on it before it was placed in the barn.

I feel confident I could remove the headliner and push out 90% of it. That's the worst spot on the entire body

I had a friend some years back who had a "40 Plymouth coupe with a dented roof much more so than yours. He did remove the headliner and the front seat and used a bottle jack and a piece of 4''x4'' wood and was able to jack the dent back out to the point where he could finish it out with hammer and dolly and a skim of filler. He placed cement blocks under the floor so the floor would not get distorted. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

John R

I'm no body man but that is the method I was planning to try.

thanks.

• Like 1

I'll be interested in how you handle that roof dent, especially if that limb left a crease or more severe damage that we can't see.  I've fixed a few "oil can" dents on our D24, including the roof, but nowhere near as severe as that.  I've not delved into a couple projects in the past because the roofs were dented like yours.