Anybody got a p/n 12v truck master heater motor

I am restoring my MōPār model 65 TRUCK MASTER heater. I was thinking about putting a resistor or potentiometer inline with it but the choices are kind of staggering and none are exactly ideal. I can probably just run my 6v heater real fast till it gives up or put a 70s ignition ballast resistor in there where it will get some cooling from the airflow but why plan to replace it later if I have it totally disassembled now?

I’d love to find a 12v motor that can accept the stock hamster wheel/blade fan combo and just run off a simple on off switch. 

With the brain trust here there is no need to re-invent the wheel and I figured there is a good chance somebody has a part number for something that will work?

If not no big deal and in that case can anyone confirm my suspicion that since I am running 12v negative ground I should apply 12v+ to the wire which was formerly grounded out on the heater body so it will blow and not suck?

Any options experiences or advice is definitely welcome!

Thanks fellas

Radar

58BD6A98-74CE-4F14-9642-8F84D48E88D4.jpeg

Got a couple of these that need that also need a 12v motor, share that number if u have it, Thank You. Charlie Stephenson.

I use an ignition ballast resistor on the heater motors for my 1 ton, and 36 Plymouth.  Been using them for years (although not every day drivers) w/o an issue.   Those motors are tough-I pulled one out of my parts truck that had been sitting in the woods w/o windshields in it for at least 25 yrs..   The motor looked shot, but when I hooked it up to a batt it ran fine, and quiet.  I oiled it, and put it on the shelf in case I ever need it.

• Like 2

I am unable to find the part # for the motor I bought for my heater which is not a mopar truck unit but an unknown aftermarket manufacturer. It was simply a matter of looking for a replacement with the same dimensions and making it work. I also found a replacement heater core that worked with a little modification.