330 DeSoto on the scale...FYI

wayfarer

7 minutes ago, 59bisquik said:

Wow! I knew my 325 was heavy when I installed it and such, but that’s a bit more than I thought.

600 lbs isn't heavy for a V-8. Especially not for a hemi V-8.

12 minutes ago, wayfarer said:

I just finished a 330 rebuild for a customer and weighed it for shipping. Fastenal, $175 to SFO, for those interested.

330_on_scale_01.JPG

I have a 291 S-22 from a 55 DeSoto and a 330 from a 56 DeSoto. I am going to put one of them into my 33 Plymouth coupe. Not sure which one yet. The 291 is standard bore and low mileage with no ridges,but I haven't pulled the 330 yet to see what it looks like inside.

I will go with the 330 if I can because the 291 is the special order S-22 engine with the 4 barrel carb and higher compression,and there has to be a 55 DeSoto restorer somewhere that wants it.

Which ever one I put in the 33 is getting a 6x2 intake and lumpy cam,so the 330 is as good as the 291 for my purposes.

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

600 lbs isn't heavy for a V-8. Especially not for a hemi V-8.

I have a 291 S-22 from a 55 DeSoto and a 330 from a 56 DeSoto. I am going to put one of them into my 33 Plymouth coupe. Not sure which one yet. The 291 is standard bore and low mileage with no ridges,but I haven't pulled the 330 yet to see what it looks like inside.

I will go with the 330 if I can because the 291 is the special order S-22 engine with the 4 barrel carb and higher compression,and there has to be a 55 DeSoto restorer somewhere that wants it.

Which ever one I put in the 33 is getting a 6x2 intake and lumpy cam,so the 330 is as good as the 291 for my purposes.

Hey Man you must have a lot of time?

You mention a lot of projects.

Get any on road this past year?

I cant get over how some of youse, have all kinda projects on the go...

Well Fred, As a fellow Canadian,(polite), you might well be to be referring to me in the category - quote   

"I cant get over how some of youse, have all kinda projects on the go".. Personally myself ,while not "well heeled"..well past worrying about making  any money on a hobby and interest I totally enjoy . Keep in mind not everyone in the hobby is "Vanilla Flavoured"? 

T120 its somewhat of a " rhetorical question "....lol

Feel free to fill your yards and sheds with old cars, parts and dreams....lol

11 minutes ago, T120 said:

Well Fred, As a fellow Canadian,(polite), you might well be to be referring to me in the category - quote   

"I cant get over how some of youse, have all kinda projects on the go".. Personally myself ,while not "well heeled"..well past worrying about making  any money on a hobby and interest I totally enjoy . Keep in mind not everyone in the hobby is "Vanilla Flavoured"? 

2 hours ago, 55 Fargo said:

Hey Man you must have a lot of time?

You mention a lot of projects.

Get any on road this past year?

I cant get over how some of youse, have all kinda projects on the go...

I got my 51 Victoria on the road this year. Even got the seats reupholstered and was ready to get the headliner and door panels done. Then I came down with lymphatic cancer,and right now all my money is going to paying doctors and hospitals.

Ironically enough,the 51 Vicky is one of the projects I bought to fix and make a few bucks selling in order to have the money to spend on the project cars I want to fix and keep for a while. Kind of a "one hand feeds the other" philosophy. Yeah,it's a nice car to drive and all that,but I had rather be driving one of my "keepers".

25 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

I got my 51 Victoria on the road this year. Even got the seats reupholstered and was ready to get the headliner and door panels done. Then I came down with lymphatic cancer,and right now all my money is going to paying doctors and hospitals.

Ironically enough,the 51 Vicky is one of the projects I bought to fix and make a few bucks selling in order to have the money to spend on the project cars I want to fix and keep for a while. Kind of a "one hand feeds the other" philosophy. Yeah,it's a nice car to drive and all that,but I had rather be driving one of my "keepers".

Best wishes on your treatments and recovery.

Your health and well being comes first.

I commend you in persevering during this difficult time in your life...take care

Hey, Knuckleharley... Sincerely, I  hope everything works out in your favour….I enjoy reading your input on all topics ...

30 minutes ago, T120 said:

Hey, Knuckleharley... Sincerely, I  hope everything works out in your favour….I enjoy reading your input on all topics ...

Thanks.

Knuckle, sounds like you haven't been having a great deal of fun lately.......no lol...........I trust you are on the mend.......my best wishes & regards from Oz..........Andy Douglas  

5 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Knuckle, sounds like you haven't been having a great deal of fun lately.......no lol...........I trust you are on the mend.......my best wishes & regards from Oz..........Andy Douglas  

The fun starts after the 12th,when the chemo starts. Had the port installed in my shoulder to inject the chemo,a bone marrow tap,and my right lung drained again last Monday. This is the 3rd time they have drained 2 liters of fluid out of my right lung. It is flooding my body with fluid as it spreads,and my stomach is also flooded with fluid and putting pressure on my diaphragm that makes it hard to breathe and impossible to bend over.

The good news is that even though it is Stage 4,the surgeon tells me they can now kill it almost all the time with chemo,and if that doesn't work they have some pills they can give me as a last result that will kill the cancer. Since chemo is the gentle first step,those pills have to be some serious stuff.

I have nothing to complain about. I am an Agent Orange veteran and one of the first to be awarded compensation for it because i was medi-evaced from VN with open running sores all over my torso combined with infected lymph glands. Lymphatic cancer is the one most commonly linked with Agent Orange,so every year I have had since 1970 has been a bonus year.

Edited by knuckleharley

Shite Knuckle..........you win the prize alright.................but you are right there are some amazing results they are getting against that scourge now, so I have ever reason to reckon you'll be fine............keep on with it and your contributions here as I for one look forward to them..... and keep warm...I can trade a box of sunshine for a box of snow.........lol..........Andy Douglas 

54 minutes ago, Andydodge said:

Shite Knuckle..........you win the prize alright.................but you are right there are some amazing results they are getting against that scourge now, so I have ever reason to reckon you'll be fine............keep on with it and your contributions here as I for one look forward to them..... and keep warm...I can trade a box of sunshine for a box of snow.........lol..........Andy Douglas 

I live in NC,and it has been in the 60's the last few days,and supposed to get up to the mid-70's tomorrow and the day after.

It's Feb,so we are still going to get hit with some cold days before it's over. No big deal for me either way because I can't work outside anyway.

8 minutes ago, John Reddie said:

Wishing you the best Knuckleharley.

John R

Thanks.

Keep strong, stay positive... you will be the winner...?

Rob ...